The Summit Machine Large Flex Joint is our most popular joint we manufacture. It is designed to replace many common joints on the market with matching mounting widths and bore sizes.
The Summit Machine Flex Joint was initially developed in 2004 and only keeps getting better. You will not find a higher quality, better functioning "Cartridge Style" joint than the Summit Machine Flex Joint.
Machined with precision and exacting standards in every way. These joints meet or exceed expectations in performance, reliability and durability. Many success stories of this joint lasting 75,000 and even 100,000 miles or more!
Our races are machined from a proprietary engineered plastic complete with grease grooves in the race concavity. These grooves keep grease surrounding the ball and ensure they are nice and quiet, providing a long wear life. The center pivot ball machined from mild steel with a smooth electroless nickel plating for even wear with races and added rust prevention. To finish off the assembly, our flat washer and machined threaded retaining ring yellow zinc plated for corrosion resistance.
- 2-5/8" (2.625") OD weld on housing, unplated DOM for easy welding
- Many mounting widths availble:
* 2-3/4" (only available with a 5/8" bore stock.)
* 2-7/8" (only available with a 3/4" bore stock.)
- Many bore sizes available:
* 9/16" (or 14mm, available in 2-5/8" mounting width only stock.)
* 5/8" (or 16mm, available in 2-5/8" and 2-3/4" mounting widths stock.)
* 3/4" (available in 5-2/8" and 2-7/8" mounting widths stock.)