The Summit Machine Medium Billet Flex Joint is a great option when you need a beefy joint, but the large 1-1/4" shank joint is just a little oversize for your needs. It is designed to replace many common joints on the market with matching mounting widths, bores and shank sizes.
The Summit Machine Flex Joint was initially developed in 2004 and only keeps getting better. You will not find a higher quality, better functioning "Cartridge Style" joint than the Summit Machine Flex Joint.
Machined with precision and exacting standards in every way. These joints meet or exceed expectations in performance, reliability and durability. Many success stories of this joint lasting 75,000 and even 100,000 miles or more!
Our races are machined from a proprietary engineered plastic complete with grease grooves in the race concavity. These grooves keep grease surrounding the ball and ensure they are nice and quiet, providing a long wear life. The center pivot ball machined from mild steel with a smooth electroless nickel plating for even wear with races and added rust prevention. To finish off the assembly, our flat washer and machined threaded retaining ring yellow zinc plated for corrosion resistance.
- Housing OD 3". From center of bore to crown of joint is 1-1/2". Your brackets need this much depth for the accept the joint and have the bolt still line up.
- Shank details
* 1"-14 size and pitch
* LH and RH thread available
* Shank has 2-1/8" of threads available
- Two mounting widths availble:
* 59mm (2.325", only available with a 9/16, or 14mm, bore.)
- Two bore sizes available:
* 9/16" (or 14mm, available in 59mm, or 2.325", mounting width only stock.)